AmericanFlier

AmericanFlier is a comparative study of World Arts, Science, Music, Literature, History & Culture: past, present and future, to encourage truthful examination of the Human Spiritual Condition and free and open discussion.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Dream Geode

Dream Geode
by J.A. Stratemeyer
Chalk & Oil Pastels, Colored Pencil & Charcoal:
On Paper, 11" x 8.5"

August 19,2007

Art Journal:
This is an image of a waking dream I had the day that I did this work.
The geode was not a closed stone however but an endless cavern of crystal.
A golden white glistening light was coming from the infinity inside.
The young woman was trying to climb up and see inside.
I may want to try this again someday because I didn't really catch this the way I saw it in the dream, but this is close enough to jog my memory if I ever do give it another try.
I was still real timid about using color and the proper way to use oil pastels at this point.

Labels: , , , ,