AmericanFlier

AmericanFlier is a comparative study of World Arts, Science, Music, Literature, History & Culture: past, present and future, to encourage truthful examination of the Human Spiritual Condition and free and open discussion.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

Saturday, August 25, 2007

It's Bouquet

It's Bouquet
by J.A. Stratemeyer
Soft Pastel & Crayon on paper 7.5" x 10"
August 22, 2007
Art Journal:
This is my second effort with pastels using no pencils, at this point I had only been working with color about 3 or 4 months.
I dedicate this piece to the fictional character Mrs. Hyacinth Bucket from the BBC production "Keeping Up Appearences." Hyacinth insist that her last name Bucket, is pronounced Bouquet, thus her signature running gag throughout the series is correcting people who say Bucket by saying"It's Bouquet!"
I worked very hard on this little piece of impressionism, it took an entire day to get the effect that I wanted, and when I was done I was a mess, with more pastel chalk on my hands, face and clothes than on the piece.