AmericanFlier

AmericanFlier is a comparative study of World Arts, Science, Music, Literature, History & Culture: past, present and future, to encourage truthful examination of the Human Spiritual Condition and free and open discussion.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Healing Golden Roses (unfinished)

Healing Golden Roses (unfinished)
by J.A. Stratemeyer

Art Journal:
pastel & colored pencil on paper 8" x 10"
These roses were given to my wife after she had completed the grueling series of chemo & radiation treatments,
by the staff of the oncology unit where was treated.
(still afraid to give up those pencils at this point)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jackie said...

Simply lovely...I can feel the love in this piece of work. I never could get used to working with pencils. Odd that you were afraid to give yours up. Of course I haven't painted in years. I do miss it sometimes though very,very much.

My biological father(I am adopted) was an artist and I found that he worked in the same manner. He might go a year or two and paint quite a bit and then all of a sudden stop and not start again for years. And, both of us began painting in our mid life. How odd genetic connections work?
Blessings,
Jackie

1:54 PM  
Blogger Aslan said...

I know it must be hard to paint on the road, but please, may I encourage you to try. Thank you again. I just enlarge your icon from your profile and you are a beautiful, beautiful lady, stunning

2:26 PM  
Blogger Nisha said...

wow that was splendid! now i know why people love u:) ur work is amazing! u generate such love and attracion that none can resist... i loved painting back at school but dont have the time anymore. if visit my blog, u will know why:) have a fun filled day and feel free to leave a comment on alishas post.. shes my darling:)tc

6:24 PM  
Blogger Aslan said...

Thank you nisha for your encouragement and beautiful compliments. You are right about your baby Alisha, she is a DARLING
thank you again

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home