AmericanFlier

AmericanFlier is a comparative study of World Arts, Science, Music, Literature, History & Culture: past, present and future, to encourage truthful examination of the Human Spiritual Condition and free and open discussion.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Healing Golden Roses (unfinished)

Healing Golden Roses (unfinished)
by J.A. Stratemeyer

Art Journal:
pastel & colored pencil on paper 8" x 10"
These roses were given to my wife after she had completed the grueling series of chemo & radiation treatments,
by the staff of the oncology unit where was treated.
(still afraid to give up those pencils at this point)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Shinade said...

Simply lovely...I can feel the love in this piece of work. I never could get used to working with pencils. Odd that you were afraid to give yours up. Of course I haven't painted in years. I do miss it sometimes though very,very much.

My biological father(I am adopted) was an artist and I found that he worked in the same manner. He might go a year or two and paint quite a bit and then all of a sudden stop and not start again for years. And, both of us began painting in our mid life. How odd genetic connections work?
Blessings,
Jackie

1:54 PM  
Blogger StraighTruth42 said...

I know it must be hard to paint on the road, but please, may I encourage you to try. Thank you again. I just enlarge your icon from your profile and you are a beautiful, beautiful lady, stunning

2:26 PM  
Blogger nisha said...

wow that was splendid! now i know why people love u:) ur work is amazing! u generate such love and attracion that none can resist... i loved painting back at school but dont have the time anymore. if visit my blog, u will know why:) have a fun filled day and feel free to leave a comment on alishas post.. shes my darling:)tc

6:24 PM  
Blogger StraighTruth42 said...

Thank you nisha for your encouragement and beautiful compliments. You are right about your baby Alisha, she is a DARLING
thank you again

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home