AmericanFlier

AmericanFlier is a comparative study of World Arts, Science, Music, Literature, History & Culture: past, present and future, to encourage truthful examination of the Human Spiritual Condition and free and open discussion.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

Friday, November 09, 2007

Garland of Posies

Garland of Posies
by J.A.S.
Copyright © 2007
by James A. Stratemeyer
Art Journal
This was probably the third free hand sketch in color, just before I did this I had worked on a much bigger unfinished piece of a reef of posies and dried vines on a barn door, about 8”x10.” I probably never finished that one because I was getting some rather extensive dental work done at the time I started it, and you know how that goes. But I kind of remember this being sort of a practice piece after I had started on the bigger work, and the bigger work is actually done enough to post in this little art journal here. I like the way this little ditty turned out though its only on about a 6”x4” practice card I liked the texture of the petals, in fact having never worked with color and having just started to draw again I was rather pleased with the way it turned out. And it is kind of a happy piece and I wanted something happy to follow the writing about the angel.

2 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

Aslan Cub I am very impressed with your color scheme and composition. It not only attract's attention but encourage's to concentrate viewers to the beauty of this colored sketch of posies.I wish you all the success as alway's with your artwork,poetry and writing's
Allison.

1:32 PM  
Blogger Aslan said...

ali, thank you for your lovely expression & sense of detail.
I do so appreciate your encouragement.
Blessings cub

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home